Friday, March 08, 2013

who are you talking to?





the big other - who is being narrated to in the Third Policeman - who is the Man who was Thursday talking to ? I find myself talking and is it to myself - that unconscious aspect of me that seems only speaks to me in the riddles of dreams and jokes - and who I speak to in my straw man rants. Who are you mad at? I probably don't even recall. I told Jami that a neurosis is a bad fix. It addressed a problem a five year old had or a 10 or 15 year old - and it remains: like a piece of code in a legacy program, it cannot be merely excised.  It is a fix whose time is past. The problem it fixed is no more a problem, but the anxieties associated with that problem call forth the neurotic symptom. Joissance is bound in the symptom by, what does Lacan say, the fantasy. He doesn't mean fantasy in terms of Walter Mitty - but the fantasy that rules my life. A fantasy that must be discovered in therapy.

No comments: