Wednesday, March 13, 2013

away









Too often on facebook, or even in this blog, I've wanted other people to read, to notice, to find someway in increasing the reception of my art. I've made art my whole life. Drawing my way through school and (as my therapist Dave mentioned) through, in and out, of various dead ends. Without my art, my vocation, my life might have reached a dead end long ago. It's what got me into Governor's Honors, into college, out of music, BFA, MFA, and shows scattered around the South and West. I have work hanging in big homes, churches, and offices. A modest outlay. In my studio are many paintings and drawings, all part of the process. I can look back at 1980, times in the 1990s, and into the present: all the little stylistic changes, subject changes (or not). Definitely the situations have changed: good jobs, small jobs, teaching, libraries, web design, churches, parishes. I can't judge - I won't - instead it is what it is. My life. I am loved and love. I have managed to become more flexible, more able to think on my feet. More accepting of my limits.

No comments: