Tuesday, March 12, 2013

more facebook aphorisms









I am notoriously slow moving. I easily forget what I'm looking for and it takes me a while to extrapolate "obvious" angles and conclusions. I once had a library professor tell me that I don't think well on my feet. True. Often I must simply sit down or lounge of the couch.

there are people and places in the past for who the verse "let the dead bury their dead" applies. What are these people and this place doing, still living in my head. Old times there, really best forgotten.

When I was young, I was part of the test marketing of "A Charlie Brown Lent". I recall the music was catchy, the theme was later reworked into "Send in the Clowns". I only remember Linus telling Charlie Brown (exasperated that Snoopy was organizing a pilgrimage to Santiago Spain, a Lentapalooza tour), "Lent isn't just about giving up Charlie Brown; Lent is a time we can be quiet and gather our forces for opening day."

stentorian voice with strophic form overlaid with grainy images mouthed pious sentiments of homecoming-achiness: corn without a maze meant so very little much

patience - a step, a little thing done, and the next - I can not pick up all of life at once, but pieces, even so small as a seed, a speck, may be moved ahead, like a painting

My grandmother Stallworth, upon taking a biscuit off the serving plate while she still had a biscuit unfinished on her plate, would exclaim, on realizing this, "Company's coming hungry." Have any of my other friends encountered this superstition?

New Scientist's figure of 107.7 billion people who have ever lived is with me every day: a reminder that there is little difference between the very great and the very least - whatever difference might be manufactured now, soon is smoothed out in the thin line of history. The key for me is finding contentment in the small things of my life, that some kindness is discovered and lived in.

No comments: