Saturday, March 09, 2013

scattered thoughts


A drawing from the end page of my copy of the Book of Common Worship. Through Leviathan we gaze at the Cloud of Unknowing. I throw up a ball through the  Cloud to the figure reaching out above. Top line looks like it could also read: The Cloud O Funk in G - which would be an intriguing musical composition.

A drawing of the [so called] Fall where every thing happens at once. Note God [in the center the old man in the triangle] pulling a fully grown Eve from the side of Adam [just like in the medieval and renaissance depictions]. Behind this scene the first couple is smashing an apple in each other's mouth [note snake coiled above]. In the very background, an angel in Roman soldier gear  sends away the couple [modeled after Masaccio].


I did a long stint of drawing at Columbia Seminary's faculty forum [what's he doing up there drawing while that fellow's talking? ]. While there I finished up with this drawing of a viking ship [surely modeled on Duke Divinity's emblem, which is not a viking ship, but could easily be] where I replaced the dove in the PCUSA logo with an upside down two headed Byzantine eagle. They were talking about the emblem chosen for their quality enhancement plan. I was hoping they would choose my errant image at the last minute. Not to be though.


In the Infinite Conversation Blanchot says, "the answer is the question's adversity." 


A floating Synchronicity - I could use a bit more - but the point of synchronicity is that we can't control it or induce it. I suppose.

No comments: