Friday, May 18, 2007

From our honeymoon




We stopped at a pub in Hampstead after clamboring about the Heath and had some of the local ale. Jami, elegant in the first frame, watches me as she drinks her pint; I, perhaps a bit winded from walking around the Heath's slick muddy fields and grass, am a bit blurry at first, but after my first sip, I've become solid and in focus again. It's a wonderful beer that restores vertical hold to the world. Yet here I am, now, all concrete and defined, and I've continued to be concrete and defined since. Was this some magic potion that I imbibed that day? Sure. Here's what I think happened. When we visited Keat's house earlier in the day, I noticed in the hutch that one of the glasses was missing. I think that the glass I'm holding right now is that glass. Am I implying that this glass, if it were that glass, has some kind of magical property? Maybe. Let's look at the facts. ******************************************************************* If that doesn't satisfy a critical inquiry I don't know what will.

No comments: