Thursday, August 16, 2007

Spotted


I was up in our room, doing something, perhaps writing that sermon (or some earlier version where sports superstars vie for prizes for ordinary people like you and me, who've sent in our boxtops and had our name drawn out of the hopper), and I noticed that she and her friends from Wisconsin's English department's doctoral program were having a gabfest. I took a photo to capture the moment, and then I noticed that she was looking right at me, as if she'd spotted me in my clandestine perch. She's giving me that look that she gives me when I come up with jokes like this cannibal joke that I concocted: did you hear about the cannibal who converted and now no longer eats human flesh - well, except for the occasional nun out of habit.
If you look carefully you can see real admiration - among other things. Living apart I'm not able to communicate these things to her so easily. I miss her. I love her.

1 comment:

Cathelou said...

I love you too, out of habit, I suppose. ;)

I did notice you taking pictures then and wondered what you were up to. Now I know.

I love the wave photos.