Thursday, August 16, 2007

Another step closer

Today I preached the sermon on Hebrews to a room of ministers and elders on the examination committee; I answered questions on polity, theology, bible and worship. All went well - a good time was had by all. Now all that remains is presentation to the presbytery at the September meeting, and then, all going well, an ordination service. It's all wonderfully exciting, and I'm terribly exhausted. Jami is thrilled. She encourages me so much. I wish that she could have been here.
For now: I'm happy but tired. Martha Moore-Keish mentioned a martini - that would be good: a Grey Goose, straight up with three olives; or a Plymouth, dirty, with three olives. Tomorrow I'll celebrate. Tonight a quiet evening at home with the cats and a movie, or two.

No comments: