Thursday, August 16, 2007

Attitudes toward history


The last few days the temperature rose, a storm created brutal waves, and the wind blew so hard our umbrellas would often be plucked up and somersault across the dunes. I didn't venture far out into the surf and spent my time wading among the wrack at low tide and picking out shells that appealed to me. Scallops predominated. Twisty volutes were to be had, but very small and sometimes damaged. I discovered a sand dollar - actually a sand half-dollar right before it became two sand quarters. The color in this photo seems unusual for my camera. Earlier, when we were at Kiawah, I proposed that a doctor that worked on mussels, welks and such would be a gastropodiatrist.

2 comments:

Cathelou said...

Beloved, did you have to bring up the gastropodiatrist comment again?

Love,

The Wife

nostromo said...

The gastropodiatrist lives!