Monday, January 21, 2008

Presto Change-O




I am now almost fully back to Durham. I have spent over a week here and interviewed three times, with a phone interview Tuesday evening. Five months away from Jami has been difficult, even when visits are two weeks apart. This last week has been heavenly. I am now flying back to Decatur where I'll finish packing the house and studio. One last shuffle board at Twain's; one last visit to Birmingham - to deliver the Shirley Gutherie painting to Cary Speaker. Cary will hang the painting, a fine expressionist image of a great reformed theologian, in his church at Mountain Brook. I'll see Shannon Webster there and hopefully we'll share a pint somewhere. Then I'm back to our house (which we'll rent if it doesn't sell in the next week).
Here are pictures I like. Jami drinking tea at a cafe in Jackson, WY and a view of the Grand Tetons from Gros Ventes (pronounced "growVaunts"). Tetons means breasts and Gros Ventes means belly - breasts and bellies: what were those French fur trappers thinking?
I hope to see friends and family in Decatur.

No comments: