Thursday, December 31, 2015

new year's eve prattle - I thought 'pallivar' was a word akin to gibberish, but I was mistaken



I defer speaking about anything - my life's work is in my drawings and paintings - and so much has taken time to mature ; I feel at times my words were taken away from me by teachers and pastors, friends and non-friends. I think when Agnes Martin says that she paints with her back to the world, she means she's cutting off the demand, the desire, of the other. I was once stumped by an interviewer's question - what do I want? He was not satisfied with any answer I gave - in fact, was pretty rude about it. Lacan would say it's a trick question in that my questioner didn't know what he wanted either.


my watercolor homage to man ray's prayer 
prayer in the lower case

No comments: