Tuesday, December 22, 2015

a recent facebook post that explains some things about my anxiety and desire



I get riled sometimes, as I am sure we all do. For me some comments just trigger memories of bullying and abuse from when I was younger. Sure, why don't I just get over it? But it is never so easy - or I should say that I wonder at people for whom such "getting over it" is easy. Most of my experiences of church and school are negative - so when I see people championing the conventional, conservative, authoritarian institutions and structures that symbolize society and family, I see special pleading for abusers and a delight in snuffing out creativity. What I see is real - not something made up. For me, there is no "golden age" to get back to - there are no fundamentals or absolutes that don't contain the message "shut up and do as you're told" - the mantra of people holding onto power whose own impotence halos them in irony.




No comments: