Saturday, May 17, 2014

patch


I was reading along this morning and saw mention of someone "standing in a patch of sunlight." I thought what a wonderful patch. Whenever I discover a patch of something, like blueberries 


"ignorance is bliss" is not a proverbial expression - the full quote is from Thomas Gray, "Where ignorance is bliss / tis folly to be wise." The sense is not of consoling or excusing the ignorant but of affirming the "wise" in their frustration with intractable structures ignorance holds in place


really impressed with Atlanta traffic this evening: a passing observation, as I told Jami Moss Wise, "despite the city's cultural offerings, people come from all over for the traffic. "


"Whole Foods' hot bar is the Golden Corral for the Birkenstock and Batik skirt set" , I said, my words buffeting the air

No comments: