Friday, April 27, 2007

Two paintings that are now different than a month ago


Talk about bleached out. Above is a madonna that I'm now repainting. The face will be the same, but the child, the pose, the weight, the color of the compostion are being radically reworked. I'm a mad scientist. Actually I was unhappy with the results, and though Jami loved this painting the way it was, I felt uneasy. I needed to change it. I liked the face as well, so I tried to save it. Soon I'll post my re-working.
Further above, at the top of this entry, is a view of my studio. The painting with the standing dark figure on a yellow disk is now entirely different. Now it is a single figure in profile that fills up the canvas - in a Hippolyte Flandrin kind of way, flanked by flowers, stars, a kitten and a bunny. It may now be the most ridiculous thing I've painted.

No comments: