Thursday, April 26, 2007

I probably already have posted this

I've probably already posted this. But I'm posting it again for no good reason. I haven't posted anything in over a week. Where does time go? I've spent some time in my studio. I'm repainting a Madonna that I had painted earlier - and as Jami asserts, "there was nothing wrong with it." So I plan on posting the old and new versions as soon as I get it repainted. As an artist I find it helps to have a bit of the mad scientist approach in my painting. At some point I have to do things to a perfectly good painting - in order to make it better Or in order to conquer the elements.
People ask me: What does this painting mean? "Well," I think, "what do you want it to mean? What could such an occurrence as God becoming incarnate Other than as a man say about the person of God? What would the prospect of God pregnant and being crucified have for an understanding of atonement?" Sure, it happened the way it happened - but I think meaning can be enhanced by conceiving of alternate modes of incarnate life.

No comments: