Saturday, January 28, 2017

place








emotions are so strong - our world makes constant emotional appeals - how to consume, how to think, who to be mad at, who to compare yourself to or resent - and I wonder, if when we found our buttons being pushed, we took our eyes off the target and instead focused on the entities pushing our buttons - "well I won't buy this or support this" - having run the gamut of the political spectrum and the theological spectrum, being emotionally tied to various brands since childhood (my drink, my team, my region) I find myself embedded in systems and structures - and the buttons that push my emotions are so well placed. I am learning to stop - to try to see where love leads, to see where our common humanity lies in everyone I meet. Are we all hidden to each other like astronauts wearing pressure suits? What if we took off those suits and discovered that the air has been good all along. Or if the next time a button were being pushed, our response were to look at the pusher and tell them to bug off?


No comments: