Friday, February 05, 2016

from sept 16, 2015



So I'm at the neurologist's yesterday and he's showing me this MRI of my neck - a wonderful amalgam of grays and darks, so detailed as to be grizzly - and he says, "see that bit of white tube there and that bit of white tube there - they're supposed to be connected." I have an arthritic neck pinching my spinal cord. That's why I have always have a dull ache in my neck and my shoulders and neck are always tense. (this is also why my fingers have begun tingling - the nerve test showing no damage in my arms or hands) I'm irritable because I'm physiologically in a constant state of irritation - it's not the guy driving to slowly in the left lane after all.

The photo is from the last full day on Grand Cayman Island - starfish beach

No comments: